Promise to Candidates
Whether you’re looking for a permanent or contract position, Cadre has the hiring and human resources contacts you need to secure the right opportunity. Our comprehensive assessment tools enable us to get to know you, identify your strengths and place you within an organization that satisfies your career goals.
|Operations Director (Qc)|
A Quebec based international company with facilities in Canada, the US, and China. They are renowned for their design and manufacturing expertise as well as the high level of customization they offer to their clients in terms of automated packaging machinery. Due to new product offerings, the company has sustained double-digit growth and is seeking individuals that will contribute to the continued success of the organization. The position is based on the west island of Montreal, in a newly acquired state of the art facilities. We require an individual that has a proven track record in managing technical teams and that can influence senior management.
We are seeking an Operations Director, in charge of the overall performance, P&L, cost management, quality and productivity of the operations team.
Reporting to the Vice President Operations, the incumbent will oversee the Planning, Materials, and Production departments. S/he needs to ensure the human and physical infrastructure is in place - both in-house and with key partners within the supply chain - in order to meet our rapidly growing business. Actively collaborating in strategic vision, the Operations Director must plan forward and ensure the operations are prepared for the future.
As a client-driven company, the Operations Director also interfaces with clients as needed.
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
• Continuously strive to optimize our people, product, systems and processes.
• Interfacing in regular sales and operations (S&OP) meetings to ensure company alignment;
• Plan, lead, organize and manage the daily operations of the company.
• Review and implement streamlined operational processes, methods and systems with clear controls;
• Develop and evolve operational systems strategy in order to efficiently use of our ERP and optimise data reliability.
• Motivate and lead the team to operational excellence while recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement of processes and procedural improvements;
• Develop and implement a working environment which will meet rapid growth requirements and that will continue to foster commitment of people within a family atmosphere.
• Ensure communication and respect are at the forefront of our work environment.
• Resolve the root cause of problems along with reducing costs, bureaucracy, overtime and rework;
• Ensure manufacturing capacity exists to achieve production schedules through proper staffing levels, and training of team members;
• Accountable for product quality and its consistency, cost and achieving client expectations;
• Ensuring that inventory and capital equipment are well managed, controlled and audited;
• Develop and manage budget including capital expenditures (CAPEX) & operations expenditures (OPEX);
• Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on production activities;
• Bachelor degree in a technical field
• 10+ years of considerable management/leadership experience in engineering/manufacturing environments
• Proven ability to work within a fast paced manufacturing environment, influencing peers, and driving results
• High energy, motivated individual with strong leadership skills
• Strong experience with ERP, MS Office 365 suite, MS BI and collaboration/project management tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French & English
Cadre is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Would you like to apply to this job?