Promise to Candidates
Whether you’re looking for a permanent or contract position, Cadre has the hiring and human resources contacts you need to secure the right opportunity. Our comprehensive assessment tools enable us to get to know you, identify your strengths and place you within an organization that satisfies your career goals.
|Manufacturing Manager (Qc)|
A Quebec-based international company with facilities in Canada, the US, Italy, and China, renowned for their design and manufacturing expertise as well as the high level of customization being offered in terms of automated packaging machinery. With new product offerings, the company has sustained double-digit growth and is seeking individuals that will contribute to the continued success of the organization. The position is based in the west island of Montreal, in a newly acquired state of the art facility. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record in leading the fabrication team and that can influence senior management.
The Manufacturing manager oversees the fabrication department which includes Machining, cutting, welding, bending, polishing/painting, and any other materials transformation processes. S/he provides the leadership to improve team performance to maximum levels of quality, service, efficiency, and safety, within the financial internal controls framework. This position is responsible for ultimately delivering parts and assemblies that meet performance, quality, and time expectations
• Continuously improve quality, productivity while reducing manufacturing costs where possible
• Meet delivery objectives on time with expected quality
• Work closely with the planning department and Materials team to establish production schedule meeting client requirements
• Ensure prior to starting any work that all information is clear, and materials are readily available to maximize productivity
• Oversee final quality, performance, and on-time delivery
• Request equipment, materials, and consumables as required within limits of authority.
• Maintain inventory supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and explain the variances.
• Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment and plan to minimize waste and damage.
• Prepare short term schedules and weekly schedules for people under his/her subordination.
• Provide leadership and direction to assigned labor.
• Assure the 5S principles and update the 5S recordings (proper organization of jobs, material, and flow; make sure the department is tidy and organized daily including garbage cans).
• Execute daily/monthly meetings with the team, ensuring optimal coordination and clear micro schedule with achievable objectives for personnel, following the company's management system (WMS)
• Interface and coordinate with Assembly, Engineering, Materials, and all other departments when necessary to ensure company goals are met
• Ensure compliance with regards to established standards and safety
• Establish and manage manufacturing procedures and processes, ensuring they are respected and executed diligently
• Implement and share best practices with routine quality calls with other facilities and at times travel when necessary
• Establish, respect, and applies the 5S principles
• Ensure maximum equipment availability through a proper maintenance plan execution
• University Degree an asset
• Certificate in Lean principles
• Minimum 5 years in Manufacturing manager position
• Strong knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their technical drawings, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Experience with resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Proven track record of leadership skills
• High autonomy, initiative and drive, analytical and synthesis skills, punctuality, empathy, and sense of responsibility
• Ability to learn and remain calm and focused under pressure
• Excellent communication skills oral and written, English and French
• Organized, self-disciplined and professional in demeanor
• Able to meet deadlines and deliver results
• Good teamwork and communication skills
• Project Management skills, an asset
Cadre is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Would you like to apply to this job?